2. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Specifically BlueScope Steel collects the following information from its Internet site:
2.1 STATISTICAL INFORMATION
BlueScope Steel collects statistical information regarding the use of its Internet site. This collection includes your computer's Internet Protocol (IP) address and the date and time of your visit. This information is collected to provide BlueScope Steel with information about the use of its site and to help it maintain and develop the site to provide better information to users.
You can prevent this collection of information by disabling your web browser from accepting cookies. This will not prevent you from accessing the BlueScope Steel Internet Site, however it may prevent you from utilising all features in the BlueScope Steel Internet Site.
2.3 REQUESTED PERSONAL INFORMATION
At various stages you may be requested to provide BlueScope Steel with personal information including your contact details. Personal information will only be requested if it is necessary to provide a service to you or if it is necessary by law. Such a request may arise if you ask BlueScope Steel to provide you with information or provide you with a product.
In this instance you should read BlueScope Steel's Use and Disclosure policy in clause 3.
3. USE AND DISCLOSURE
BlueScope Steel will not use or disclose, and will use reasonable endeavours to prevent the use or disclosure of, information provided by a user to BlueScope Steel's Internet site for a purpose other than the primary purpose of collection (a 'secondary purpose'), except to the extent:
· that the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection and that you would reasonably expect BlueScope Steel to use or disclose the information for the secondary purpose (for example, the provision of your information to a supplier of BlueScope Steel products where you have requested such a product to be supplied);
· that you have consented to the use of the information for the secondary purpose;
· that information provided by you, including information relating to transactions, may appear in aggregate form for the purpose of providing statistical information within BlueScope Steel or to third parties. This information will not identify you;
· necessary in order to enforce any of the terms of an agreement between you and BlueScope Steel;
· that BlueScope Steel has reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in, and uses or discloses the personal information as a necessary part of its investigation of the matter or in reporting its concerns to relevant persons or authorities;
· required or specifically authorised by law;
· provided in co-operation with any governmental authority
4. ACCESS AND CORRECTION
4.1 Where BlueScope Steel collects information from you, we will provide you with access to your information at your request except to the extent that:
(1) the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
(2) providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
(3) the information relates to existing legal dispute resolution proceedings between you and BlueScope Steel, and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings; or
(4) providing access would reveal the intentions of BlueScope Steel in relation to negotiations with you in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations.
4.2 Where information about you is found to be incorrect, incomplete or out of date, BlueScope Steel will correct, update, erase or amend the information as appropriate.
5. LINKS FROM THIS SITE
BlueScope Steel acknowledges that security is of paramount concern to you. BlueScope Steel stores your personal information in secure environments to safeguard it from misuse, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
By using the BlueScope Steel Internet site you agree that the Internet is inherently insecure and that accordingly [BlueScope Steel] can only use its best endeavours to secure your personal information and cannot provide any definitive assurance regarding security of personal information. BlueScope Steel will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or any unintended loss or disclosure of that information.
8. FEEDBACK, QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS
BlueScope Steel (AIS) Pty Ltd ABN 19 000 019 625
BlueScope Steel Limited ABN 16 000 011 058